Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So it begins

I, C.S. Moran, am fat.

There I said it.  I am not ashamed of it, nor had I really cared until my first doctors appointment in a year.  I was living a relatively healthy, if not active, life and had no real reasons to be concerned.  But when my doctor pulled a blood test, it revealed that I was borderline diabetic.  I had a 5.7.  What that number means is how much sugar my blood is carrying in a given number of red blood cells.  Average health human is 5.0. I am literally .3 away from type 2 deabeties; rather frightening.

So I've received the wake up call and am now using technology to help me keep in line.  I have a list of requirements from the doctor and  within 2 years I must
  • Drop 118 pounds (roughly 6 to 7 pounds a month)
  • Remove as much starch and fat from my diet as possible
  • Have a daily exercise regime
  • Monitor blood sugar daily
  • Blood draws every 3 months
  • Take Metformin twice daily
I am not expecting a large following, the musings and ravings of one dieting, but fabulous, woman aren't always good reading, but I can at least try to keep some entertained. I will try to post daily my sugar level, my food consumption, exercise schedule and status, rant about how diet food sucks, and at the end of the week, my weight (which is a frightening number).

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment